Table of contents
About this book
This volume examines established methods and protocols to isolate and characterize extracellular vesicles (EVs) and their composition, among other techniques including purification, imaging, biofluid-specific and cell-specific isolation and downstream genomic and proteomic profiling. The international group of expert scientists who have contributed to this collection provide a variety of different techniques related to the growing assortment of EV applications, given that at times using only one technique or two is insufficient to address the question at hand. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and practical, Extracellular Vesicles: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide for researchers seeking to expand our knowledge of EV functions and applications.
Biogenesis Exosomes Microvesicles Inter-cellular communication EVs Isolation Precision medicine
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7253-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7251-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7253-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book