About this book
This volume presents techniques and recent developments in biochemical approaches to study glutamatergic neurotransmission. This book contains detailed discussions on tracing neuronal pathways, functional or spectroscopic imaging, optogenetic or pharmacological tools, and extracellular neurochemistry in experimental clinical models. The chapters cover topics such as: identification of glutamatergic neurons in a discrete brain area, tools to study dynamics of single ionotropic receptors, in vivo extracellular glutamate monitoring in preclinical research using biosensors, capillary electrophoresis and liquid chromatography, and potential brain glutamatergic clinical biomarkers in biofluids and tissues. In Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your laboratory.
Cutting-edge and authoritative, Biochemical Approaches for Glutamatergic Neurotransmission is a valuable resource for researchers studying glutamate neurochemistry.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7228-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7227-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7228-9
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site