Table of contents
About this book
This collection thoroughly explores the dynamic and ever-developing field of hemostasis and thrombosis diagnostics and research. After an introductory section covering the basics and preanalytical issues, the book continues with in-depth sections that explore how to get the best outcomes from routine coagulation and specialized hemostasis assays, thrombophilia-related techniques, investigations into bleeding disorders, as well as performance of global assays of hemostasis, and finally post-analytical issues in hemostasis and thrombosis testing. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and practical, Hemostasis and Thrombosis: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal resource for researchers and diagnostic laboratories seeking expert guidance and working to identify the best methodologies to pursue hemostasis and thrombosis testing.
Coagulation tests Thrombophilia Bleeding disorders Factor XIII von Willebrand factor Laboratory testing
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7196-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7194-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7196-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site