Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides practical experimental laboratory protocols for a wide range of steroid bioconversions. The chapters in this book cover topics such as bioconversions and chemical synthesis pathways; strain characterization; bioconversion from sterols to androstenedione and androstadienedione; steroid hydroxylations; biocatalysis; and downstream processes to purify steroid intermediates. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and thorough, Microbial Steroids: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for laboratory and industrial professionals. It is also useful for graduate students studying biotechnology, microbiology, genetics, and molecular biology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7183-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7182-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7183-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book