About this book
This volume looks at the role of natural antibodies in pathogen elimination, cell survival, inflammation, cancer, and autoimmunity. The chapters in this book cover numerous topics, such as isolation of natural antibodies; methods for separating natural antibodies from human plasma, saliva, breast milk, and gastrointestinal fluids; functional properties of natural antibodies such as anti-tumor cytocoxic activity, and hydrolysis and dissolution of their target antigens; their utility in serological diagnosis of microbial antigens; and the role of natural antibodies in inhibiting viral vectors in the absence of prior exposure to the virus. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and thorough, Natural Antibodies: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for researchers and experts who are interested in further studies of natural antibodies.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7180-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7179-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7180-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book