Table of contents
About this book
This volume explores various approaches for enrichment, detection, isolation, and molecular profiling of circulating tumor cells (CTCs). Each chapter provides comprehensive descriptions and guidelines on how to perform innovative experiments in CTC research. Included are protocols for capture of CTCs via filtration and density gradient centrifugation; microfluidic and immunomagnetic separation of CTCs; detection of CTCs by immunocytochemistry, fluorescence in situ hybridization, and flow cytometry; assays designed for genomic characterization and functional analyses of CTCs, and many more. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, the chapters in this book include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
ting Tumor Cells: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for laboratory researchers and clinicians who are interested in furthering their studies on CTCs.
Cutting-edge and authoritative, Circula
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7144-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7143-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7144-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book