Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume examines the latest techniques and protocols associated with zymography, the practice of detecting enzyme activity on electrophoretic gels. Sections cover subjects such as endopeptidase zymography, reverse zymography & in situ zymography, 2D zymography, as well as a variety of special cases. Written in the highly respected Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and practical, Zymography: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal aid for a broad array of researchers from the fields of biological and medicinal science, as well as scientists working in clinical and diagnostic medicine, medical genetics, agricultural entomology, genetic monitoring of environmental pollution, and forensic science.
Enzyme activity Electrophoretic gels Endopeptidase zymography In situ zymography Isozymes and allozymes Enzymology Gene markers
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7111-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7109-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7111-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book