Table of contents
About this book
This detailed collection provides an accessible compendium of up-to-date methods focused on the study of RNAi and small regulatory miRNAs in stem cells. Beginning with a brief introductory section, the volume continues by exploring methods and protocols for RNAi screening, transfection, and the knockdown of specific genes and pathways in several animal species, including humans and mice, recently developed methods for miRNA expression and functional analysis, as well as usage of CRISPR/Cas 9 to knockout an individual gene for functional studies. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, list of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and authoritative, RNAi and Small Regulatory RNAs in Stem Cells: Methods and Protocols aims to accelerate progress in this crucial field by reducing the time required to decipher and put into practice procedures published in the literature.
Stem cell differentiation MicroRNAs RNA interference CRISPR-Cas9 Regenerative medicine Gene knockdown
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7108-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7106-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7108-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site