About this book
This volume provides an overview of zygotic genome activation (ZGA) and the use of recent tools to elucidate the events that occur during ZGA. The chapters in this book cover topics such as: clearance of maternal RNAs, detection of miRNA in mammalian oocytes and embryos, RNA FISH to study ZGA in early mouse embryos, and CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene targeting during embryogenesis in the mouse and pig. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Thorough and cutting-edge, Zygotic Genome Activation: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for scientists and researchers who are interested in learning more about practical approaches to monitor the changes seen during ZGA.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6988-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6986-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6988-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site