Table of contents
About this book
This volume is a wide-ranging tool for studying protein-carbohydrate interactions that extend from traditional biochemical methods to state-of-the-art techniques. This book focuses on four different research themes: Part I describes methods for screening and quantifying CAZyme activity; Part II contains methods for investigating the interactions between proteins and carbohydrate ligands; Part III discusses methods for the visualization of carbohydrates and protein-carbohydrate complexes; and Part IV focuses on structural and “omic” approaches for studying systems of CAZymes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Protein-Carbohydrate Interactions: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource to the glycomics research community. In this continuously advancing field, the methods in this book highlight the biology of glycomics, thus driving biotechnological innovation and solutions for human health and sustainable resources within the emerging green community.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6899-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6898-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6899-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site