About this book
This detailed volume brings together a diverse collection of stem cell-derived model-based toxicity assays, from those routinely used to those deemed to have considerable potential. With a focus on differentiated tissues, the chapters explore numerous cardiotoxicity applications as well as coverage of neurotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, and more. Written for the Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology series, the contents of this book aim to enable adoption of these protocols in laboratories that are interested in entering the field as well as to facilitate the transfer of best practices between laboratories that are already actively pursuing these technologies.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Stem Cell-Derived Models in Toxicology serves as a vital resource for researchers aiming to improve risk assessment in drug discovery and design.
Cardiotoxicity Cardiomyocytes Hepatotoxicity Neurotoxicity Pluripotent stem cell models Drug development Pre-clinical safety assessments
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6661-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6659-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6661-5
- Series Print ISSN 1557-2153
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6053
- About this book