Table of contents
About this book
This detailed collection covers how the biological functions of histone deacetylases (HDACs) and histone acetyltransferases (HATs) can be detected in various experimental settings, both in vivo and in vitro. The book also covers the generation and specificity of deacetylase inhibitors and how such agents can be used to test experimental hypotheses. Written for the popular Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step by step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, as well as tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and practical, HDAC HAT Function Assessment and Inhibitor Development: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide to this vital area of study.
Reversible protein acetylation Deacetylase inhibitors Histone deacetylases Histone acetyltransferases Protein function
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6527-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6525-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6527-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book