About this book
This volume includes comprehensive descriptions of miRNA biogenesis and their role in the development and progression of various human diseases. The first few chapters of MicroRNA Profiling: Methods and Protocols discuss the effects of over-expressing and repressing of a target miRNA and their effects on cell viability and proliferation. The next few chapters explore the protocols for total RNA isolation from cells and cell-derived product including formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue and plant tissue. The last few chapters discuss isolation and characterization of exosomes from medium conditioned by cell lines, serum, and plasma specimens. This book also includes discussions of several software tools, such as miRandola, PicTar, DIANA, and miRWalk. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, MicroRNA Profiling: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for anyone interested in the field of Micro RNAs.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6524-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6522-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6524-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site