About this book
This volume presents classical approaches to in vivo neuropharmacology and neurophysiology, such as c-fos, electrochemistry, microdialysis microstimulation, and push-up superfusion. It also explores exciting new methods for behavioral analysis, and techniques based on optogenetics and non-invasive magnetic resonance imaging. The chapters of this book cover topics such as principles of stereotaxy, pharmaco-based fMRI and neurophysiology in humans and non-human primates, electrical nerve stimulation and central microstimulation, involvement of neurotransmitters in mnemonic processes, the impact of cannabinoids on motor activity, as well as the involvement of nitric oxide in neurotoxicity produced by psychostimulant drugs. Each chapter also discusses difficulties, tips, tricks, and precautions to take. Neuromethods series style chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your own laboratory.
Cutting-edge and practical, In Vivo Neuropharmacology and Neurophysiology is a valuable resource for experienced and less experienced investigators of brain function and brain disorders.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6490-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6488-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6490-1
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site