About this book
This meticulous volume recognizes the need to translate what has been learned primarily in tissue culture dishes to approaches supporting scale-up studies, not only to large quantities of cells but also to heterogeneous cell constructs. Notable advances are being made in these latter approaches, prompting this collection of a variety of representative protocols that facilitate important modifications and novel approaches to bioreactors in stem cell research, contributed by both established and new investigators in this area. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and authoritative, Bioreactors in Stem Cell Biology: Methods and Protocols will serve as an ideal guide for scientists seeking to increase our understanding of stem cells and their potential to repair and regenerate tissues and organs.
Biomaterials Stem cells Regenerative medicine Tissue and organ repair Heterogeneous cell constructs
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6478-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6476-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6478-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site