About this book
This thorough volume explores predicting one-dimensional functional properties, functional sites in particular, from protein sequences, an area which is getting more and more attention. Beginning with secondary structure prediction based on sequence only, the book continues by exploring secondary structure prediction based on evolution information, prediction of solvent accessible surface areas and backbone torsion angles, model building, global structural properties, functional properties, as well as visualizing interior and protruding regions in proteins. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, the chapters include the kind of detail and implementation advice to ensure success in the laboratory.
Practical and authoritative, Prediction of Protein Secondary Structure serves as a vital guide to numerous state-of-the-art techniques that are useful for computational and experimental biologists.
1D structural properties of proteins Protein backbone structure Model building One-dimensional functional properties Backbone torsion angles 3D structure
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6406-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6404-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6406-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site