About this book
This volume provides different methodologies for all classes of histone deacetylases, which includes detailed procedures on Class I and II histone deacetylase inhibitors, SIRT inhibitors, and bromodomain inhibitors. Histone Deacetylases: Methods and Protocols is divided into four sections: Sections A and B describe methodologies used to detect the activity, function, or chromatin location of HDACs 1 through 11, with Section A discussing Class I and Section B discussing class II histone deacetylases; Section C focuses on the methodologies for cloning and characterizing the acetylation of SIRTs 1 through 7; and Section D describes methods related to histone deacetylase inhibitors. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Thorough and cutting-edge, Histone Deacetylases: Methods and Protocols, is a valuable resource for investigators working on epigenetics, molecular biology, and genetics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3667-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3665-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3667-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book