About this book
Presenting state-of-the-art protocols to study gap junctions, this detailed book first focuses on the use of methods and tools to investigate the different aspects of connexin expression and gap junction regulation. The second part of the volume describes several methods to probe gap junction functionality as such. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step and readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Gap Junction Protocols is intended for basic and applied researchers in the area of biomedical and life sciences, both in academic and industrial settings.
Connexin expression Cell signaling Connexons Gap junctional intercellular communication GJIC regulation
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3664-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3662-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3664-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site