About this book
This volume presents an overview of nonribosomal peptide synthetase (NRPS) and polyketide synthase (PKS) structure and function. It then continues with methods for the analysis of these pathways including conventional enzymological assays, contemporary mass spectrometric analysis techniques, specialized molecular biological approaches applicable to NRPSs and PKSs, and small molecule analysis tools tailored to this very special class of natural products, and concludes by examining bioinformatics tools for the analysis of these enzymes, pathways, and molecules. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Nonribosomal Peptide and Polyketide Biosynthesis: Methods and Protocols serves as a valuable reference for those experienced in studying NRPS and PKS enzymes, pathways, and natural products as well as a gateway for those just entering the field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3375-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3373-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3375-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book