About this book
Almost every practical astronomer eventually aspires to have a fixed, permanent observatory for his or her telescope. A roll-off roof or dome observatory is the answer for the most popular home observatory design.
Almost every practical astronomer eventually aspires to have a fixed, permanent observatory for his or her telescope. A roll-off roof or dome observatory is the answer for the most popular home observatory design. Building a Roll-Off or Dome Observatory will help you decide whether to embark on the venture and will certainly increase your enthusiasm for the project.
The author, both an amateur astronomer and a professional landscape architect, answers many of the common questions asked about observatory construction, covering the following topics:
• Zoning, and by-law requirements common to most states, towns and municipalities
• Where to locate the observatory
• How to tailor the observatory for your particular needs
• Tools and structural components required
• Possible variations in design
• How to combine the structure with other structures (incorporating a garden patio under the gantry in
the roll-off roof observatory, for example)
This fully detailed outlines step-by-step construction, with professional detailed diagrams for each phase of construction.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3011-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3010-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3011-1
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6562
- Buy this book on publisher's site