About this book
The second edition of this volume provides novel protocols for the study of newly discovered function and modifications of components of the Hh pathways. The first few chapters discuss methods for stable delivery of soluble Hh proteins in cell cultures that can be adapted for in vivo studies, and mathematical models for studying Hh proteins gradient formation in tissues. The next few chapters explore studies in cell culture using fibroblasts that respond readily to Hh proteins. The book goes on to present protocols for evaluation of transcriptional activity of the Gli transcription factors in cell cultures and determine the expression level of endogenous Gli proteins. The final chapters talk about metabolic effects of noncanonical Hh signaling. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and authoritative, Hedgehog Signaling Protocols, Second Edition presents researchers with a comprehensive understanding of the Hh pathway and its function in development and diseases.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2772-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2771-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2772-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site