About this book
Providing a spectrum of models that is reflective of the various species that can be utilized in experimentation on disorders across a broad range of developmental disabilities, this volume collects expert contributions involved in investigation of the causes, outcomes, treatment, and prevention. Animal Models of Neurodevelopmental Disorders explores models of perinatal hypoxia-ischemia/cerebral palsy and stroke, autism spectrum disorder, fetal alcohol syndrome, as well as mental retardation. Written in the popular Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your own laboratory.
Practical and authoritative, Animal Models of Neurodevelopmental Disorders serves to introduce and entice those interested in better understanding and treating these disorders to the vital animal model world of investigation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2709-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2708-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2709-8
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- About this book