Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides a fundamental overview of the current state of the art in natural products from marine algae, linking the complex and diverse natural resource with recent developments in extraction, analytical, and bioactivity testing methodologies. Natural Products from Marine Algae: Methods and Protocols guides readers through protocols and techniques on algal biotechnology, metabolites, Solid-Liquid Extraction (SLE), Microwave Assisted Extraction (MAE), Liquid Chromatography, Gas Chromatography, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, Infra-red spectroscopy, and Raman Spectroscopy. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Natural Products from Marine Algae: Methods and Protocols hopes to aid scientists unravel and quantify algal chemical diversity and support further marine biotechnological developments.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2684-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2683-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2684-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book