About this book
This volume covers the latest technological advances in the characterization of the biosynthesis and functions of Rab GTPases and their regulation by guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) and GTPase-activating proteins (GAPs). The book consists of 28 chapters, and starts with an overview of the Rab GTPase family. The next few chapters describe systematic approaches to the identification and classification of Rabs and Rab GAPs, as well as the detection of Rab isoprenylation and membrane distribution. The last few chapters examine the biochemical and functional properties of individual Rabs in the order of exocytic, recycling, and endocytic Rabs. Written in the highly successful Methods of Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Instructive and practical, Rab GTPases: Methods and Protocols approaches each topic with great detail and is a valuable resource for researchers and students interested in the field of Rab GTPases.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2569-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2568-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2569-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site