Table of contents
About this book
This second edition explores membrane trafficking research that has been at the frontier of cell and molecular biology. In the past 20 years, this field has witnessed a remarkable convergence and synergism from information gained using genetic approaches in yeast cells, and biochemical and molecular approaches in mammalian cells. This volume contains updated chapters and the inclusion of a large number of new chapters, and is divided into three parts. Part I includes biochemical and molecular genetics approaches and methods used in analysing membrane traffic, in both yeast and mammalian cell models. Part II focuses on imaging and microscopy approaches and techniques, while Part III highlights the Omics-type approaches. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and resourceful, Membrane Trafficking, Second Edition, is a valuable resource for both experienced researchers, graduate students, and junior scientists in the field of membrane trafficking.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2309-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2308-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2309-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site