Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides a variety of standard protocols used to cryopreserve or freeze-dry different types of specimens. In addition, it provides chapters focused on the fundamental principles of cryopreservation, vitrification, and freeze-drying. Several state of the art microscopic, spectroscopic as well as calorimetric methods are highlighted that can be used to study cellular and macromolecular changes in response to freezing or drying. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Cryopreservation and Freeze-Drying Protocols, Third Edition serves as a practical guideline for studies on freezing and drying processes as well as preservation strategies for biological specimens.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2193-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2192-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2193-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book