Table of contents
About this book
Plasmodesmata: Methods and Protocols provides a unique compendium of currently applied methods to explore plasmodesmata (PD). Opening with overviews of PD structure and their function during development as well as the role of viruses as models for addressing cellular mechanisms in macromolecular trafficking and movement through PD, the book continues with detailed experimental protocols for imaging PD, the isolation and structural analysis of PD, the analysis of PD conductivity and regulation, and for studying cellular mechanisms by which macromolecules are targeted to PD and transported through the channel. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and easy to use, Plasmodesmata: Methods and Protocols delivers detailed information about specific practical procedures in order to enable their reproduction and application in PD-related research in laboratories around the world.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1523-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1522-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1523-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book