Table of contents
About this book
Stable Isotope Labeling by Amino Acids in Cell Culture (SILAC): Methods and Protocols provides a synopsis of a large array of different SILAC methods by presenting a set of protocols that have been established by renowned scientists and their working groups.These include methods and protocols for the labeling of various model organisms as well as advanced strategies relying on SILAC, e.g. for the analysis of protein interactions, the mapping of posttranslational modifications or the characterization of subcellular proteomes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-bystep, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Stable Isotope Labeling by Amino Acids in Cell Culture (SILAC): Methods and Protocols will serve students and experienced scientists alike as a valuable reference of how to make use of the SILAC technology for their own research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1142-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1141-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1142-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book