Table of contents
About this book
Shotgun Proteomics: Methods and Protocols serves as a vital collection of protocols through which thousands of proteins can be simultaneously identified, quantified, and characterized in a high throughput manner. Beginning with the history of proteomics centered on the vital role of mass spectrometry in its development, this detailed volume continues with chapters on sample pre-fractionation, in vivo and in vitro stable isotope labeling, label-free proteomics, informatics, protein-protein interactions, targeted proteomics, and post-translational modifications. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and comprehensive, Shotgun Proteomics: Methods and Protocols is an ideal and up-to-date guide for researchers seeking to understand the proteome of any given species.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0685-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0684-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0685-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book