About this book
This volume explores the role free radicals and antioxidants within the development of vascular disease, examining fundamental research and translating preclinical knowledge to clinical trials. The expertly authored chapters describe the relationship of oxidative stress to atherosclerosis and the cardiovascular system, exploring its role in cardiac fibrosis, renovascular disease, hypertension, and regulation of blood pressure and cerebral vascular tone. The concluding chapter discusses the current state of clinical research, contextualizing clinical trials within the existing theoretical framework and analyzing attempts to preserve oxidant stress under various conditions.
With its concise and authoritative analysis of pre-clinical research and clinical results, Studies in Atherosclerosis – part of the bestselling Oxidative Stress in Basic Research and Clinical Practice series – is essential for researchers and clinicians focusing in cardiology, nephrology, or oxidative stress.
antioxidant atherosclerotic plaque cardiovascular disease myocardium reactive oxygen species
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4899-7693-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4899-7691-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4899-7693-2
- Series Print ISSN 2197-7224
- Series Online ISSN 2197-7232
- Buy this book on publisher's site