Covers the basics of the C++ programming language
Uses relevant modern C++ techniques and practices
Allows you to become familiar with modern C++ standards
This is a preview of subscription content, access via your institution.
Table of contents (40 chapters)
About this book
Learn the C++ programming language in a structured, straightforward, and friendly manner. This book teaches the basics of the modern C++ programming language, C++ Standard Library, and modern C++ standards. No previous programming experience is required.
C++ is a language like no other, surprising in its complexity, yet wonderfully sleek and elegant in so many ways. It is also a language that cannot be learned by guessing, one that is easy to get wrong and challenging to get right. To overcome this, each section is filled with real-world examples that gradually increase in complexity. Modern C++ for Absolute Beginners teaches more than just programming in C++20. It provides a solid C++ foundation to build upon.The author takes you through the C++ programming language, the Standard Library, and the C++11 to C++20 standard basics. Each chapter is accompanied by the right amount of theory and plenty of source code examples.
You will work with C++20 features and standards, yet you will also compare and take a look into previous versions of C++. You will do so with plenty of relevant source code examples.
What You Will Learn
- Work with the basics of C++: types, operators, variables, constants, expressions, references, functions, classes, I/O, smart pointers, polymorphism, and more
- Set up the Visual Studio environment on Windows and GCC on Linux, where you can write your own code
- Declare and define functions, classes, and objects, and organize code into namespaces
- Discover object-oriented programming: classes and objects, encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, and more using the most advanced C++ features
- Employ best practices in organizing source code and controlling program workflow
- Get familiar with C++ language dos and donts, and more
- Master the basics of lambdas, inheritance, polymorphism, smart pointers, templates, modules, contracts, concepts, and more
Who This Book Is ForBeginner or novice programmers who wish to learn C++ programming. No prior programming experience is required.
- C plus plus
- modern C++
Authors and Affiliations
About the author
Book Title: Modern C++ for Absolute Beginners
Book Subtitle: A Friendly Introduction to C++ Programming Language and C++11 to C++20 Standards
Authors: Slobodan Dmitrović
Publisher: Apress Berkeley, CA
eBook Packages: Professional and Applied Computing, Professional and Applied Computing (R0), Apress Access Books
Copyright Information: Slobodan Dmitrović 2020
eBook ISBN: 978-1-4842-6047-0Published: 21 July 2020
Edition Number: 1
Number of Pages: XIX, 304
Number of Illustrations: 3 b/w illustrations
Topics: Compilers and Interpreters, Software Engineering, Programming Techniques