Table of contents
About this book
Join Microsoft MVP Josh Garverick as he addresses all major areas of design and implementation—application, infrastructure, data, security, and deployment—while leveraging the power and tools of Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) to bring DevOps to the forefront.
With an emphasis on principles and best practices of enterprise design, you will discover how to recognize existing patterns within the legacy platform and to identify potential risks, bottlenecks, and candidates for automation.
What You’ll Learn:
- Accurately and completely capture baseline information about a legacy system
- Leverage enterprise patterns for constructing next-generation platforms in the cloud
- Design, plan, and implement deployment pipelines to enable continuous delivery
- Identify and implement cloud-based platform components to reduce total cost of ownership
- Understand testing and validation: iterative component authoring, monitoring, deployment, and performance
- Price and perform capacity planning for cloud-based infrastructure and workloads
This book is for enterprise architects and IT professionals who are required to keep legacy applications relevant in today’s cloud-first world.
Josh Garverick is a Microsoft MVP and a seasoned IT professional with more than 15 years of enterprise experience, specializing in Application Lifecycle Management. He is currently involved with DevOps and architecture projects, focusing on software architecture and enterprise needs. Josh is a Visual Studio ALM Ranger, providing guidance, practical experience, and solutions to the developer community.