About this book
Work with blockchain and understand its potential application beyond cryptocurrencies in the domains of healthcare, Internet of Things, finance, decentralized organizations, and open science. Featuring case studies and practical insights generated from a start-up spun off from the author’s own lab, this book covers a unique mix of topics not found in others and offers insight into how to overcome real hurdles that arise as the market and consumers grow accustomed to blockchain based start-ups.You'll start with a review of the historical origins of blockchain and explore the basic cryptography needed to make the blockchain work for Bitcoin. You will then learn about the technical advancements made in the surrounded ecosystem: the Ethereum virtual machine, Solidity, Colored Coins, the Hyperledger Project, Blockchain-as-a-service offered through IBM, Microsoft and more.
This book looks at the consequences of machine-to-machine transactions using the blockchain socially, technologically, economically and politically. Blockchain Enabled Applications provides you with a clear perspective of the ecosystem that has developed around the blockchain and the various industries it has penetrated.
- Book Title Blockchain Enabled Applications
- Book Subtitle Understand the Blockchain Ecosystem and How to Make it Work for You
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3081-7
- Copyright Information Vikram Dhillon, David Metcalf, and Max Hooper 2017
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-3080-0
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-3081-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 218
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 101 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site