About this book
Quickly find solutions to dozens of common programming problems encountered while building Java applications. Content is presented in the popular problem-solution format. Look up the programming problem that you want to resolve. Read the solution. Apply the solution directly in your own code. Problem solved!
This revised edition covers important new features such as Java 9's jShell and the new modularity features enabling you to separate code into independent modules that perform discrete tasks. Also covered are the new garbage collection algorithm and completely revamped process API. Enhanced JSON coverage is provided as well as a new chapter on JavaServer Faces development for web applications.
- Develop Java SE applications using the latest in Java SE technology
- Exploit advanced features like modularity and lambdas
- Utilize the jShell to quickly develop solutions
- Create great-looking web interfaces with JavaServer Faces
- Generate graphics and work with media such as sound and video
- Add internationalization support to your Java applications