Table of contents
About this book
The complex intersecting of genetic, biological, and environmental factors can make intellectual impairments difficult for clinicians to assess and treat. When such comorbid conditions as substance abuse or bipolar disorder are part of the equation, so are increased risks for clinical uncertainties and therapeutic dead-ends.
The Handbook of Psychopathology in Intellectual Disability reflects the diversity of its subject in prevalence and presentation, testing methods and treatment options. Besides focusing on specific pathologies as they affect the course of intellectual disability (ID), its coverage spans the field from in-depth analyses of psychosocial aspects of ID to promising new findings in genetics and the ongoing challenge of providing personalized care tailored to individual client needs. Expert contributors bridge gaps between the evidence base and best practices and improved policy for maximum utility. In addition, chapters are written to benefit the widest variety of professionals treating clients with ID across disciplines.
Key areas featured in the Handbook include:
- General issues and assessment methods.
- Core etiological approaches, including neuroimaging.
- Comorbid psychopathology, including mood, anxiety, and personality disorders.
- Common clinical conditions, such as ADHD, autism, and behavior problems.
- Medical and psychological interventions as well as community and inpatient services.
- Future directions in research and evidence-based practices.
The Handbook of Psychopathology in Intellectual Disability is an essential reference for researchers, professors, and graduate students as well as clinicians and other scientist-practitioners in clinical psychology, psychiatry, social work, rehabilitation medicine, public health, and neuropsychology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-8250-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-8249-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-8250-5
- Series Print ISSN 2192-922X
- Series Online ISSN 2192-9238
- Buy this book on publisher's site