About this book
Intelligent Transportation and Evacuation Planning: A Modeling-Based Approach provides a new paradigm for evacuation planning strategies and techniques. Recently, evacuation planning and modeling have increasingly attracted interest among researchers as well as government officials. This interest stems from the recent catastrophic hurricanes and weather-related events that occurred in the southeastern United States (Hurricane Katrina and Rita). The evacuation methods that were in place before and during the hurricanes did not work well and resulted in thousands of deaths. This book offers insights into the methods and techniques that allow for implementing mathematical-based, simulation-based, and integrated optimization and simulation-based engineering approaches for evacuation planning. This book also:
- Comprehensively discusses the application of mathematical models for evacuation and intelligent transportation modeling
- Covers advanced methodologies in evacuation modeling and planning
- Discusses principles and applications of network modeling and dynamic routing for traffic analysis
- Includes principles and applications of simulation modeling for traffic analysis
- Uses case studies and an example-based approach to show how evacuation planning can be implemented successfully
Intelligent Transportation and Evacuation Planning: A Modeling-Based Approach is an ideal book for industrial engineers, operation researchers, and government officials dealing with evacuation planning.