About these proceedings
This volume collects articles inspired by the Proceedings of the ICM 2010 Satellite Conference on “Buildings, Finite Geometries and Groups” organized at the Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, from August 29 – 31, 2010. These contributors include some of the most active researchers in areas related to finite simple groups, Chevalley groups and their generalizations: theory of buildings, finite incidence geometries, modular representations, Lie theory, and more. Contributions reflect the current major trends in research in the geometric and combinatorial aspects of the study of these groups.
The unique perspective that the authors bring to their articles on current developments and major problems in their area is expected to be very useful to research mathematicians, graduate students and potential new entrants to these fields.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-0709-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-0708-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-0709-6
- Series Print ISSN 2190-5614
- Series Online ISSN 2190-5622
- About this book