About this book
Functional Equations in Mathematical Analysis, dedicated to S.M. Ulam in honor of his 100th birthday, focuses on various important areas of research in mathematical analysis and related subjects, providing an insight into the study of numerous nonlinear problems. Among other topics, it supplies the most recent results on the solutions to the Ulam stability problem.
The original stability problem was posed by S.M. Ulam in 1940 and concerned approximate homomorphisms. The pursuit of solutions to this problem, but also to its generalizations and/or modifications for various classes of equations and inequalities, is an expanding area of research, and has led to the development of what is now called the Hyers–Ulam stability theory.
Comprised of contributions from eminent scientists and experts from the international mathematical community, the volume presents several important types of functional equations and inequalities and their applications in mathematical analysis, geometry, physics, and applied mathematics. It is intended for researchers and students in mathematics, physics, and other computational and applied sciences.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-0055-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-0054-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-0055-4
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Buy this book on publisher's site