Essential reference tool for all those working in the numerous fields ranging from nuclear to civil engineering
Accurate physical and chemical properties of all classes of materials available at the reader's fingertips
Format enables the reader to locate and extract information quickly and easily
Buy it now
Tax calculation will be finalised at checkout
Other ways to access
This is a preview of subscription content, access via your institution.
Table of contents (16 chapters)
About this book
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Ferrous Metals
- Material Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nonferrous Metals
From the reviews of the second edition:
"This handbook contains practical and concise information on key scientific and technical material properties for the most commonly used industrial materials … . Compared with many other handbooks on material properties, this handbook presents more background information on how to use the data presented. … Those looking for a materials reference handbook on commonly used industrial materials, especially those who need to have a better understanding of material property fundamentals, will find this an interesting and very useful handbook." (IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, 2009)
Authors and Affiliations
Technology Dept., Rio Tinto Iron and Titanium Inc., Sorel-Tracy, Canada
About the author
François Cardarelli has had wide-ranging commercial and industrial experience of materials, commodities and processes:
• at CNRS in Paris he designed and used electrochemical sensors for pollution control;
• as a research scientist at Électricité de France he helped to invent methods of preparation of industrial titanium and tantalum electrodes;
• as a registered professional consultant in Toulouse, he solved problems in electrochemical engineering, the selection of electrode materials, corrosion and high-temperature operation;
• at the Avestor Corporation, he worked as an industrial electrochemist and materials expert in charge of strategic raw materials, scientific and technical support for lithium processing and, as Battery Product Leader, in charge of lithium polymer batteries for electric vehicles, down-hole drilling anf telecommunications he defined battery requirements and specifications and invented pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical processing for spent lithium batteries;
• at Rio Tinto Iron and Titanium, he was principal chemist for Materials at Sorel-Tracy in Quebéc dealing with valorization processes for industrial residues and refactory benchmarking and electrowinning of metallic titanium.
• at the Material and Electrochemical Research (MER) Corp., Tucson (Arizona, USA) he was principal electrochemist working on the electrowinning of titanium metal powder from composite anodes and other materials-related projects.
• at present he is Manager of Recycling at 5NPlus Inc in Saint-Laurent Quebéc.
Doctor Cardarelli is also the author of Encyclopaedia of Scientific Units, Weights and Measures for Springer (ISBN: 1-85233-682-X).
Book Title: Materials Handbook
Book Subtitle: A Concise Desktop Reference
Authors: François Cardarelli
Publisher: Springer London
eBook Packages: Springer Book Archive
Copyright Information: Springer-Verlag London 2000
eBook ISBN: 978-1-4471-3648-4Published: 11 November 2013
Edition Number: 1
Number of Pages: XI, 597