Table of contents
About this book
Object Oriented Simulation
About this textbook:
Object Oriented Simulation will qualify as a valuable resource to students and accomplished professionals and researchers alike, as it provides an extensive, yet comprehensible introduction to the basic principles of object-oriented modeling, design and implementation of simulation models.
Key features include an introduction to modern commercial graphical simulation and animation software, accessible breakdown of OOSimL language constructs through various programming principles, and extensive tutorial materials ideal for undergraduate classroom use.
- Presents a comprehensive introduction to the basic principles of object-oriented modeling, design, and implementation of simulation models.
- Encourages a stronger foundation with objects and classes using an "objects early" approach.
- Emphasizes model implementation with minimal treatment of statistics.
- Accommodates a smooth transition to object-oriented modeling and a gradual introduction to object-oriented simulation for professionals.
- Provides complete case studies fully explained with corresponding case study in OOSimL.
- Includes summaries, examples, and problems in every chapter. Simulation software presented in material is available on the book’s web site.
- Introduces graphical simulation and animation software Arena and Flexsim.
Models described with UML and/or extended simulation diagrams.