One of the first, full size standard trim books focused Objective-C focused code recipes or code cookbook type book full of source code recipes for book market and coders.
Objective-C Recipes is a very practical, handy reference which gives readers code snippets that they can re-use over and over again.
Objective-C is arguably the world's fastest growing programming language, currently, according to Tiobe. Objective-C Recipes shows you how to do common programming tasks with Objective-C.
Table of contents (11 chapters)
About this book
Objective-C Recipes provides a problem solution approach for dealing with key aspects of Objective-C programming, ensuring you have the indispensable reference you need to successfully execute common programming tasks. You will see how to use the unique features of the Objective-C programming language, the helpful features of the Foundation framework, and the benefits of using Objective-J as an alternative. Solutions are available for a range of problems, including:
- Application development with Xcode
- Working with strings, numbers and object collections
- Using foundation classes like NSArray, NSString, NSData and more
- Dealing with threads, multi-core processing and asynchronous processing
- Building applications that take advantage of dates and timers and memory management
- How to use Objective-C on other platforms
Objective-C Recipes is an essential reference for every Objective-C programmer, and offers solutions in a concise and easy-to-follow manner. Matthew Campbell has trained over 800 new iOS developers at the Mobile App Mastery Institute and iOS Code Camp, and here brings his expertise to offer you the ability to use and exploit Objective-C to get the most out of all of your projects.