Explains the nature of inflation and how it wreaks havoc on investment results.
Shows readers how to set up a fund for weathering hard times.
Explains ways to diversify the portfolio and protect against inflation by introducing currencies from other countries.
Demonstrates how to improve the probability of increasing your wealth in real terms.
Numerous graphs, charts, and screenshots illustrate the principles and how to put them to work.
Author will feature the book on his Web site, which gets 20,000 unique visitors a month.
Buy it now
Tax calculation will be finalised at checkout
Other ways to access
This is a preview of subscription content, access via your institution.
Table of contents (6 chapters)
About this book
Protect Your Wealth from the Ravages of Inflation is a concise, no-nonsense, straightforward guide that will help you to do three things:
1. Ensure that your emergency fund will still have some purchasing power when you need it. Emergency funds sitting in checking accounts, or near-cash investments, will just be eaten away by inflation. There is a better way to give you access to the cash you need when you need it. This book shows you how.
2. Insulate you from significant changes in the strength of your home currency.
2. Insulate you from significant changes in the strength of your home currency.If all your income and expenses are in a single currency like the U.S. dollar, you run a significant risk that your home-country currency will lose value. Currency risk in your income-purchasing power and working capital is often overlooked until it's too late to do anything about it. This book deals with this issue and gives you easy-to-follow advice to protect the value of your money.
3. Generate a better risk-adjusted return in your investment accounts.
3. Generate a better risk-adjusted return in your investment accounts.Buying a basket of stocks and mutual funds and then performing the traditional “annual rebalancing of a diversified portfolio” just doesn't generate the returns most people require from their investments. This book shows you simple, powerful, and sophisticated techniques you can use to manage your investment accounts more effectively—and without making it a full-time job.
Protect Your Wealth from the Ravages of Inflation can't guarantee that you will meet your financial goals, but it can guarantee that your odds of success will be significantly increased if you follow its advice. The book:
- Explains why traditional investing methods virtually guarantee a negative rate of return in real terms.
- Illustrates the pernicious effect of inflation on an average investor's portfolio—and why an inflationary period may be in the offing.
- Provides a three-step process to withstand emergencies, protect your liquid assets, and produce a superior risk-adjusted return on a stock portfolio compared with conventional investing methods.
About the author
Book Title: Protect Your Wealth from the Ravages of Inflation
Book Subtitle: A Three-Step Method
Authors: Paul M. King
Publisher: Apress Berkeley, CA
Copyright Information: Paul M. King 2011
Softcover ISBN: 978-1-4302-3822-5Published: 23 August 2011
eBook ISBN: 978-1-4302-3823-2Published: 18 October 2011
Edition Number: 1
Number of Pages: 146
Topics: Business and Management, general