About this book
Lots of iOS development books touch on Core Data, taking you through a few mainstream use cases for storing and retrieving data in your iOS applications. In Pro Core Data for iOS, however, we take you further into Core Data and show you how to leverage the power of this data framework.
After reading this book, you’ll be able to answer all of these questions:
- What are all the parts of Core Data, and how do they interact?
- How do I create my own custom store?
- Should I use plain NSManagedObject instances or custom classes?
- How do I undo and redo Core Data actions?
- How do I filter, sort, and aggregate data?
- What is “faulting,” and why should I care?
- Suppose I want to change my data model; how do I migrate my users’ data?