Table of contents
About this book
This two-volume work presents social cohesion and demographic challenges that are associated with low birth rates and population ageing. It does so from the perspective of citizens and key policy actors. The work analyses peoples’ attitudes about demographic trends and expectations towards private networks and public policies. It places these in the societal context of national specificities in the fourteen countries and regards them as part of the dynamics of the European integration process.
Volume 2 focuses on research findings related to general knowledge of people concerning demographic developments, gender issues, and ageing. In addition, it presents the results of a Delphi-Study on the views of key policy actors in the area of demographic developments. The volume concludes with policy implications of the findings, and a reflected overview of all results collected in the two volumes of this work.
This book is the outcome of the DIALOG research project, funded by the European Commission under the 5th Framework Programme.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6611-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science + Business Media B.V. 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-6610-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-6611-5
- Series Print ISSN 1381-3579
- Buy this book on publisher's site