Table of contents
About these proceedings
Boron is one of the essential micronutrients for higher plants growth and development, and more and more studies have been conducted to establish boron as an essential element in animals and humans.
This book reviews all aspects of boron research in recent years and is based on the Third International Symposium on all Aspects of Plant and Animal Boron Nutrition which was held in Wuhan, P.R. China. The following issues are discussed:
- boron sorption mechanisms in soils
- deficiency and toxicity of boron
- boron fertilizer application
- basic research on the physiology and molecular biology of plant boron nutrition
- the nutritional function of boron in animals and humans
This book is aimed at scientists, Masters or PhD students focusing on boron research field. Furthermore, it provides managers involved in agricultural production with an important reference to recent developments in boron nutrition research.