About this book
Study of Group Theory is obligatory for mathematics undergraduates. Traditionally they have found it difficult due to its high abstract and theoretical presentation. In this new text, Mark Cartwright attempts to address the problem. No prior knowledge of Group Theory is assumed, and the book begins by looking at arithmetic in number systems, vectors and matrices; of permutations and how they can be treated mathematically; and symmetry. In later chapters, with the aid of exercises integrated within the text, some of the standard properties of groups are proved.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-349-12123-6
- Copyright Information Macmillan Publishers Limited 1993
- Publisher Name Palgrave, London
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-12125-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-349-12123-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site