About this book
This book provides an introduction to complex analysis in several variables. The viewpoint of integral representation theory together with Grauert's bumping method offers a natural extension of single variable techniques to several variables analysis and leads rapidly to important global results. Applications focus on global extension problems for CR functions, such as the Hartogs-Bochner phenomenon and removable singularities for CR functions. Three appendices on differential manifolds, sheaf theory and functional analysis make the book self-contained.
Each chapter begins with a detailed abstract, clearly demonstrating the structure and relations of following chapters. New concepts are clearly defined and theorems and propositions are proved in detail. Historical notes are also provided at the end of each chapter.
Clear and succinct, this book will appeal to post-graduate students, young researchers seeking an introduction to holomorphic function theory in several variables and lecturers seeking a concise book on the subject.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-85729-030-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-85729-029-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-85729-030-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site