About this book
This comprehensive textbook is intended for a two-semester sequence in analysis. The first four chapters present a practical introduction to analysis by using the tools and concepts of calculus. The last five chapters present a first course in analysis. The presentation is clear and concise, allowing students to master the calculus tools that are crucial in understanding analysis.
* Contains numerous exercises;
* Provides unique examples, such as many ways to estimate the number Pi;
* Introduces the basic principles of analysis;
* Offers a straightforward introduction to the calculus basics such as number systems, sequences, and series;
* Carefully written book with a thoughtful perspective for students.
From Calculus to Analysis prepares readers for their first analysis course—important because many undergraduate programs traditionally require such a course. Undergraduates and some advanced high-school seniors will find this text a useful and pleasant experience in the classroom or as a self-study guide. The only prerequisite is a standard calculus course.