About this book
Reviews in Fluorescence 2007, the forth volume of the book serial from Springer, serves as a comprehensive collection of current trends and emerging hot topics in the field of fluorescence.
It summarizes the year’s progress in fluorescence, with authoritative analytical reviews specialized enough to be attractive to professional researchers, yet also appealing to the wider audience of scientists in related disciplines of fluorescence.
Reviews in Fluorescence offers an essential reference material for any lab working in the fluorescence field and related areas. All academics, bench scientists, and industry professionals wishing to take advantage of the latest and greatest in the continuously emerging field of fluorescence will find it an invaluable resource.
- Comprehensive coverage of the year's hottest topics
- Chapters authored by known leading figures in the fluorescence field
- Accessible utility in a single volume reference
- New volume publishes annually
- Each Reviews in Fluorescence volume will be citable (ISI) and indexed
Reviews in Fluorescence 2007 topics include:
- Validation standards for fluorometry
- Energy transport and fluorescence spectroscopy for structural insights into proteins
- FRET in live cells
- Boronic acid based modular fluorescent saccharide sensors
- Fluorescence solvent relaxation in cationic membranes
- Membrane studies using fluorescence spectroscopy
- Quantum dot-encoded fluorescent beads for biodetection and imaging
- The study of biological assemblies by ultra fast fluorescence spectroscopy
- Fluorescence signal amplification for ultra sensitive DNA detection
About the Editor:
Dr. Chris D. Geddes, Ph.D., Professor, has extensive experience in fluorescence spectroscopy, particularly in fluorescence sensing and metal-fluorophore interactions (Metal-Enhanced Fluorescence), publishing over 190 papers and 18 books. Dr. Geddes is internationally known in fluorescence. He is the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Fluorescence and founding editor of the Who’s Who in Fluorescence and Annual Reviews in Fluorescence volumes. In addition, due to the labs pioneering efforts in the fields of metallic nanoparticle-fluorophore interactions, Dr. Geddes recently launched a new Springer Journal, Plasmonics, as well as a new annual hard bound book series Annual Reviews in Plasmonics. Dr. Geddes is Director of the Institute of Fluorescence, within the Medical Biotechnology Center which focuses on the nano-bio-technological applications of fluorescence. Dr. Geddes is currently the chair of 1 NIH study section, a frequent member of the NIBIB special emphasis sensing panels and a permanent member of the NIH EBT study section.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-88722-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-88721-0
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-88722-7
- Series Print ISSN 1573-8086
- Buy this book on publisher's site