About this book
Nuclear engineering plays an important role in various industrial, health care, and energy processes. Modern physics has generated its fundamental principles. A growing number of students and practicing engineers need updated material to access the technical language and content of nuclear principles.
Drawing upon years of practical experience and using numerous examples and illustrative computer applications, Tatjana Jevremovic covers nuclear principles as they relate to:
- Nuclear power
- Nuclear imaging
- Aerospace and propulsion engineering
- Power production propulsion
- Electric generators for space applications
- Diagnostics and treatment in medicine
- Homeland security
- Health physics
- Radiation treatment and imaging
- Radiation shielding systems
"Nuclear Principles in Engineering, Second Edition" is written for students, engineers, physicians and scientists who need up-to-date information in basic nuclear concepts and calculation methods.